Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
This is an amazing time of year to be at school. Monday was STEAM day on our campus. Our 5th graders had a plethora of activities and demonstrations. I am positive your child can give you many great details. Tonight, we celebrated our 6th graders heading off to middle school with a family BBQ. We also said “Thank You” to our Safe School Ambassadors with a pizza party.
I want to thank all of you who came out to Open House last Thursday night. The evening was a huge success.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention two of our incredible staff members who are retiring after long, dedicated careers serving the students who have attended Dudley Elementary School. Mrs. Jennifer Nelson (Andrews) and Mrs. Patricia Rivas are retiring at the end of this year. Mrs. Nelson (Andrews) has taught second grade and T-K and Mrs. Rivas has been our school librarian. They are both very deserving of the opportunity to sail off into the sunset and their absence will be felt in all of our hearts. Please join us in wishing these ladies a pleasant retirement.
Here is one last set of important reminders as we wind down the last 4 days before summer vacation:
- Tomorrow, Friday May 24th is Dragon Day.
- The theme is Red, White, and Blue!
- Our Dragon Day Assembly will be at 9:15 AM on the playground.
- Monday, May 28th is Memorial Day. School is CLOSED!
- There is a very limited number of amazing Dudley Yearbooks available for $20 each. This are available on a first come, first served basis. Families or students can bring their payment directly to the office. The yearbooks are beautiful and going fast.
- The last day of school is Thursday, May 30th.
- This is an early out day.
- AM Kindergarten: 8:10 - 10:20 AM; PM Kindergarten: 10:00 AM - 12:10 PM
- First through Sixth graders will attend school from 8:50 AM - 12:10 PM
- Please make day care and transportation plans to accommodate this schedule.
- Final report cards for the 2018-2019 school year will come home on this day.
- The Nutrition Department of the Center Joint Unified School District is once again providing an opportunity for children ages 1-18 to receive free lunch this summer from May 29 through July 14, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- CDC is now enrolling for summer camp and fall. Summer camp at CDC is offers a daily camp program, field trips, and meals and snacks. Financial assistance is available. Stop by CDC or call 331-1356 for more info.
- One last thing as the school year winds down...please be extra careful driving near the school or in our parking lot. We want to keep all of our Dragons safe and if the vehicle drivers can practice some extra caution, the school year will end safely.
This is my last message for this school year. I want to say thank you to all of the children for being such a wonderful group of students to work with. I also want to thank all of the families that support these children and all of the activities and events that we do at school. Finally, I want to thank the incredible staff, certificated and classified, who do such a fantastic job of making Dudley Elementary School and amazing place to work and learn. I consider myself extremely fortunate and truly humbled to work with all of you and I can’t wait to do it all again next year.
Have a great weekend.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices