Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
We are back from our Fall Break and the weather is amazing. It is a wonderful time of the year!
Since it is Thursday, here are a few important reminders:
- Tomorrow, Friday, October 18th is Spirit Day. Wear your Dragon wear or the always fashionable red and white to show your Dragon spirit.
- Speaking of Dragon wear, orders should be coming in soon. Please remember that the deadline was extended for a week and we had a week away from school which both played a role in delaying delivery.
- The majority of Coupon Book orders have been delivered. I am working through a few minor order adjustments. Let me share the totals with you.
- 286 Coupon Books sold
- 18 Free Coupon Books earned
- 57 Raffle entries
- 37 Game Truck Parties earned
- $7,150.00 collected!
- If anyone still has a book at home, please return it to school at your earliest convenience. We are responsible for the cost of all unaccounted for books. Thank You!
- Monday, October 21st is a Collaboration Monday.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:55 AM to 2:20 PM
- Tomorrow, October 18th, our PTA is hosting a “Harvest Festival”. There will be games, food, dancing, prizes and all other types of fun. I hope to see you there.
- Please bring cash to pay for any food you might be purchasing
- A flyer went home earlier this week
- Saturday, October 19th is the CJUSD Community Meet and Greet Car Wash at the Center High School Stadium. Come on out for a free car wash, grab a hot dog, and meet and greet folks from all parts of our district. We will be there from 10:00-2:00. Hope you can find some time to swing on by.
- Next week, we will host our annual Red Ribbon Week which is a great reminder for our students that a life free of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco, is the most healthy lifestyle. This year, we are starting Red Ribbon Week on a Wednesday and we will celebrate straight through until Thursday, October 31st. Each Day, we will dress in a different theme:
- Wednesday, October 23rd: “Send a Message, Stay Drug Free”--Wear RED.
- Thursday, October 24th: “Sock it to Drugs”--Wear wild, outlandish socks.
- Friday, October 25th: Dragon Day the theme is Disney. Dress as your favorite Disney character
- Monday, October 28th: “Use Your Head, Don’t Use Drugs”--Wear your coolest hat.
- Tuesday, October 29th: “Hugs Not Drugs”-- bring a stuffed animal to school
- Wednesday, October 30th: “The Future is Bright, No Drugs In Sight”-- Wear college gear
- Thursday, October 31st: “Your Choices are the Key to Your Dreams”--Wear pajamas.
That’s all I have for this week.
I hope you have a great weekend.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices