Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families-
The week started on April Fool’s Day, but that didn’t trick us. We had an incredible week on the Dudley campus.
Being Thursday, here are some important announcements.
Monday, April 8th is a Collaboration Monday. We haven’t had one in a while so here is a reminder of the schedule.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:55 AM to 2:20 PM
Registration for next school year is now open. Many of you have returned your goldenrod Pre-Registration Form. If your child currently attends Dudley and will be returning next year and you have returned your form indicating so, you are all set. If you have or know of a child who will be new to Dudley or even a new Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten student next year, an enrollment packet will need to be completed. The registration packets are available in the school office. It is especially important for incoming Kindergarteners and Transitional Kindergarteners to get registered as soon as possible.
Our state Mandated CAASPP testing has begun. This is the annual assessment that our 3rd-6th grade students take. This is a computer based assessment and is completed completely on-line. Here are a few suggestions for parents to help your child be as successful as possible on these assessments:
- Check with your child’s teacher about the specific testing schedule and try to avoid appointments, absences, and tardies on the testing days.
- Help your child get a good night’s sleep during the testing days.
- Help make sure your child eats a well balanced breakfast including proteins, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. They put the highest grade gasoline into high performance vehicles. Your child should have the highest quality fuel for maximum performance as well.
Finally, here are a few important dates for your calendar.
- April 15th - 22nd- School is CLOSED for Spring Break.
- Classes RESUME on Tuesday, April 23rd.
- Friday, April 26 ~~ Dragon Day Our theme is “Sports Day”
- Friday April 26 ~~ PTA Spring Fling Dance
- Thursday, May 16th~~ Open House 6:00-7:00 PM
- Thursday, May 30th ~~ The last day of school for the year for students!
That’s all there is for this week.
I hope you have a great weekend-
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices