Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families-
This busy and beautiful week has led us right up to the brink of Spring Break. And not a moment too soon!
Being Thursday, here are some important announcements.
School is CLOSED Monday, April 15th through Monday, April 22nd, for Spring Break. Classes will resume on Tuesday, April 23rd.
- You may see vehicles on campus on Monday, April 22nd because it is a staff development day. No classes will be in session.
Our overflowing Lost and Found box is now on display on campus. Many jackets, sweaters, and sweatshirts, etc, are posted on several of our fences. Anything not claimed by tomorrow afternoon will be donated to Goodwill.
Registration for next school year is now open. Many of you have returned your goldenrod Pre-Registration Form. If your child currently attends Dudley and will be returning next year and you have returned your form indicating so, you are all set. If you have or know of a child who will be new to Dudley or even a new Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten student next year, an enrollment packet will need to be completed. The registration packets are available in the school office. It is especially important for incoming Kindergarteners and Transitional Kindergarteners to get registered as soon as possible.
Our state Mandated CAASPP testing has begun. This is the annual assessment that our 3rd-6th grade students take. This is a computer based assessment and is completed completely on-line. Here are a few suggestions for parents to help your child be as successful as possible on these assessments:
- Check with your child’s teacher about the specific testing schedule and try to avoid appointments, absences, and tardies on the testing days.
- Help your child get a good night’s sleep during the testing days.
- Help make sure your child eats a well balanced breakfast including proteins, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. They put the highest grade gasoline into high performance vehicles. Your child should have the highest quality fuel for maximum performance as well.
Finally, here are a few important dates for your calendar.
- April 15th - 22nd- School is CLOSED for Spring Break.
- Classes RESUME on Tuesday, April 23rd.
- Friday, April 26 ~~ Dragon Day Our theme is “Sports Day”
- Friday April 26 ~~ PTA Spring Fling Dance
- Thursday, May 16th~~ Open House 6:00-7:00 PM
- Thursday, May 30th ~~ The last day of school for the year for students!
That’s all there is for this week.
I hope you have a great weekend-
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices