Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
It is hard to believe, but September is almost over and that means that two months of school are already in the books!
Since it is Thursday, here are a few important reminders:
- Tomorrow, Friday, September 28th, is Dragon Day. Our theme is “Baseball.” Break out your favorite baseball gear and show your Dragon Spirit.
- Students wearing Giants gear will have NO homework this weekend. ;-)
- Our Dragon Day assembly will be at 9:15 on the playground.
- Our Coupon Book Fundraiser will end tomorrow. Please return all coupon books, order envelopes and any payments for books on Friday, September 27th.
- Books will be returned to you for delivery during the first week that we return from the Fall Break, October 14-18.
- Thank You for your efforts to support this fundraiser.
- In today’s Thursday folder, you found a list of all the clubs being offered this year at Dudley. Because demand will be high for these clubs. We have a limit of 1 club per student. The Permission Form for participating in the clubs is on the back side of the list. Complete this form and send it back to your child’s teacher. Clubs will begin when we return from our October Break.
- Parent Teacher Conference Week is next week, September 30th through October 4th. Our schedule for this week is:
- During Parent Teacher Conference Week, kindergarten students follow their regular daily schedule, all 5 days, including Monday.
- All children in grades 1st to 6th will dismiss at 12:10 PM everyday.
- Please coordinate these times with your transportation and child care providers.
- To respect all of those participating in conferences, please make every effort to be on time for your conference. If you will be delayed or need to miss your scheduled conference, please email the teacher or call the office so that we can notify the teacher.
- While you are on campus for Parent-Teacher Conference Week, please be aware of these two things.
- Check the Lost and Found cart. With the cool mornings, there is a large number of jackets, sweaters, and sweatshirts. Help the items get found.
- You will have access to a Family Engagement Survey to complete while you are waiting for or have just finished your conference. Links for the survey will be posted all around campus. Your insight is valuable as we continue to look for ways to help us serve our students and families more effectively.
- School is closed the week of October 7-11 for Fall Break. Please make your transportation and day care providers aware.
That’s all I have for this week.
I hope you have a great weekend.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices