Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
Red Ribbon Week has arrived and our campus has activities everywhere!
Since it is Thursday, here are a few important reminders:
- Tomorrow, Friday, October 25th is Dragon Day. We are wearing Disney gear to show our school spirit and to send a message that drug free is the way to be.
- Thank you to everyone who attended our Harvest Festival last Friday night. It was a wonderful evening. It looked like everyone in attendance had a great time. I would like to send a special “Thank You” to our hard working PTA for all of their efforts to make this event a success and to the teachers who helped out: Ms. Bills, Mrs. Mathias, Mrs. Morton, and Mr. Smith.
- Speaking of PTA, we just found out that the Spirit Wear will be delivered the week of November 4th. The PTA will get orders to you as quickly after that as they can.
- Monday, October 28th is a Collaboration Monday.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:55 AM to 2:20 PM
- The CJUSD Family Resource Center is offering a parent information session, “Strategies and Resources to Strengthen Your Child’s Well-Being.” This will occur on Wednesday, November 13th.
- “Join us as CJUSD experts review some of the most common mental health challenges of today, discuss how we can promote positive mental health within our families, and learn key strategies and tools to support student mental health needs.”
- Dinner is served at 5:30 PM
- The session is 6:00-7:30 PM
- Child care is provided
- There is no cost for this event
- Register by Tuesday, November 5th.
- Red Ribbon Week continues next week. The themes of Red Ribbon Week are a great reminder for our students that a life free of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco, is the most healthy lifestyle. This year, we will celebrate straight through until Thursday, October 31st. Each Day, we will dress in a different theme:
- Friday, October 25th: Dragon Day the theme is Disney. Dress as your favorite Disney character
- Monday, October 28th: “Use Your Head, Don’t Use Drugs”--Wear your coolest hat.
- Tuesday, October 29th: “Hugs Not Drugs”-- bring a stuffed animal to school
- Wednesday, October 30th: “The Future is Bright, No Drugs In Sight”-- Wear college gear
- Thursday, October 31st: “Your Choices are the Key to Your Dreams”--Wear pajamas.
- With all of our themed dress up days during Red Ribbon Week, and the option to wear Halloween costumes at last week’s Harvest Festival, we will not be having any Halloween activities at school. We will wear pajamas on Oct. 31st instead of Halloween costumes. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
That’s all I have for this week.
I hope you have a great weekend.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices