Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families-
Happy Thursday to all of you. Here are this week’s announcements.
Friday, November 22nd is Dragon Day. Our theme is “Western Wear” as we ride off into the sunset on Thanksgiving Vacation. We will have our assembly at 2:15 on the playground.
School will be closed Monday, November 25th through Friday, November 29th for Thanksgiving Vacation
Monday, December 2nd is a Collaboration Monday. PM Kinders and grades 1-6 will dismiss at 2:20 PM.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:50 AM to 2:20 PM
December will be here before we know it. Traditionally, our Dudley community encourages the “Spirit of Giving” during December. This year, we will participate in two ways.
- December 2 to December 6, we will host a canned food drive to support the food pantry at Wilson C. Riles Middle School. The middle school has a food pantry and is able to be quite generous with families in our community who might benefit from having some groceries provided.
- December 9 to December 13, we will host a hat, scarf, mitten, and socks drive to support the CJUSD Family Resource Center. The FRC has a clothes closet that any family in our community can access if need be.
- Over the past five years, the Dudley community has been very generous with our “Spirit of Giving” efforts. I hope that we can continue this spirit of generosity this year.
Finally, with Thanksgiving just one week away, I want to take this opportunity to share my appreciation with the whole community of Dudley Elementary School. This community is made up of staff, teachers, students, families and neighbors. Although we come from many backgrounds and life experiences, it is very apparent that the well being of the children of Dudley is our main concern. I say it often, Dudley Elementary School is the best place to work and learn. I am humbled to be part of this community.
Well, that does it for this week. Have a great Thanksgiving Week!!
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices