Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families-
Happy Thursday to all of you. December days may be shorter, but they are jam-packed with learning and other activities appropriate with this time of year.
Here are this week’s announcements.
Friday, December 13th is Spirit Day! Wear your favorite Dragon-wear or the always fashionable red and white to show your Dudley Spirit
Monday, December 16th is a Collaboration Monday.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:55 AM to 2:20 PM
It is “Spirit of Giving” Season. Every year during these weeks between Thanksgiving and Winter Recess, our Dudley School Community looks for ways to give back to the larger community that we live in.
- Last week, we collected over 500 canned and boxed goods that were donated to the Community Food Closet at Wilson C Riles.
- This week, we are collecting hats, gloves, mittens, socks, scarves, etc which will be donated to the Clothes Closet at the Family Resource Center.
Our Lost and Found rack is overflowing. Please ask your child to give it a look so that more of the “lost” items can become “found.”
Fundraiser orders are available for pick up today from 3:00 - 6:30 PM.
You may have received an attendance letter that left you puzzled. There was a minor error in the setup of the letters that caused them to be printed with illnesses and medical appointments listed as unexcused. We have rectified our system and you can disregard the letters with errant information on them. Please accept my apologies for any confusion that was created.
Here are some very important dates for you to remember, especially with day care and transportation needs.
- Friday, December 20th-- Minimum Day all students dismissed at 12:10 PM
- AM and PM Kinders- 8:10 AM-10:20 AM
- 1st-6th- 8:50 AM-12:10 PM
- Monday, December 23rd to Tuesday, January 7th-- Winter Recess School Closed
- School will resume on Tuesday, January 7th, 2020.
- Monday, January 20, 2020-- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday School Closed
- Monday, January 27 to Friday, January 31, 2020-- Parent Teacher Conference Week Grades 1-6 dismiss at 12:10 each day
Well, that does it for this week. Have a great weekend!
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices