Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families-
Happy Thursday to all of you. Here are this week’s announcements.
Friday, November 17th is Dragon Day. Our theme is “Fashion Disaster” Mix and match those colors and plaids, stripes, and solids, etc.and show your Dragon Spirit! We will have our assembly at 2:15 on the playground.
School will be closed Monday, November 20th through Friday, November 24th for Thanksgiving Vacation
Monday, November 27th is a Collaboration Monday. PM Kinders and grades 1-6 will dismiss at 2:20 PM.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:50 AM to 2:20 PM
Our dedicated and hard-working PTA are holding a Family Movie Night tomorrow night. The feature is the “Lego Batman Movie.” Doors open at 6:00. The feature starts at 6:30. Snacks and beverages will be available for purchase. All students must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Our PTA would also like you to know that the Dragon-Wear order has arrived! Sales of Dragon Wear will begin at Family Movie Night tomorrow night. A flyer advertising what is available will also be coming home in the near future.
December will be here before we know it. Traditionally, our Dudley community encourages the “Spirit of Giving” during December. This year, we will participate in two ways.
- November 27 to December 1, we will host a canned soup drive to support the food pantry at Wilson C. Riles Middle School. The middle school has a food pantry and is able to be quite generous with families in our community who might benefit from having some groceries provided.
- December 4 to December 8, we will host a hat, scarf, mitten, and socks drive to support the WellSpace Health Center and the community members who take advantage of their services.
- Over the past three years, the Dudley community has been very generous with our “Spirit of Giving” efforts. I hope that we can continue this spirit of generosity this year.
Finally, with Thanksgiving just one week away, I want to take this opportunity to share my appreciation with the whole community of Dudley Elementary School. This community is made up of staff, teachers, students, families and neighbors. Although we come from many backgrounds and life experiences, it is very apparent that the well being of the children of Dudley is our main concern. I say it often, Dudley Elementary School is the best place to work and learn. I am humbled to be part of this community.
Well, that does it for this week. Have a great weekend!
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices