Good Afternoon Dudley Families-
This is the first Weekly Update of 2018, so let me begin with Happy New Year! With the new year there is plenty of important information, so let’s get started
- Monday, January 8th is a Collaboration Monday. PM Kinders and grades 1-6 will dismiss at 2:20 PM.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:55 AM to 2:20 PM
- Parent Teacher Conference Week will be January 22-26, 2018. Parents can take advantage of our on-line conference scheduler. You will be able to schedule your appointment(s) to fit your schedule. You can also arrange to have conferences for all of your children on the same day. I am attaching instructions to this week’s email. The process is quite simple go ahead and give it a try.
- Here are some very important dates for you to remember, especially with day care and transportation needs.
- Monday, January 15th-- School Closed for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday
- Monday, January 22nd to Friday, January 26th-- Parent Teacher Conference Week
- Grades 1-6: 8:55 AM to 12:10 PM
- AM Kindergarten: 8:10 AM to 11:35 PM
- PM Kindergarten: 11:45 AM to 3:20 PM
- Monday, February 12th-- School Closed for President’s Day I
- Monday, February 19th-- School Closed for President’s Day II
- Friday, February 23rd-- Trimester 2 Report Cards sent home
- Dudley Elementary School’s Got Talent! Dudley Elementary School will be hosting our 3rd annual Talent Show. Students interested in participating may pick up an information packet and permission form in the school office. There will be mandatory auditions and rehearsal dates. All of the important dates are included in the packet. Put a group together and show off your talent!
Finally, some safety reminders for this wet weather. When it is cold, windy, and/or rainy, everyone wants their child to get safely warm and dry as quickly as possible. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you are picking up or dropping off your child, and you will be getting out of your car, you are required by law to park in a designated parking spot. Leaving an unattended vehicle in a fire lane or driving lane is against the law and may result in a ticket being issued.
- If you are walking with your child, please do not walk through the parking lot. Please use the sidewalk adjacent to the multi-purpose room, the walkway on the south side of the parking lot and the sidewalk along Aztec Drive.
- Thank you for helping us keep all of our Dragons safe.
Have a great weekend!
Your Very Proud Principal