Good Afternoon Dudley Families-
It has been another busy, action-filled week at Dudley Elementary School. Warmer temperatures and longer daylight hours are making for some wonderful days.
Being Thursday, here are some important announcements.
Monday, April 16th is a Collaboration Monday. PM Kinders and grades 1-6 will dismiss at 2:20 PM.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:55 AM to 2:20 PM
As a campus, we are calling some extra attention to one of our four SOAR rules, “Own Your Choices.” Children can still earn individual SOAR tickets for meeting any of our SOAR expectations, but classes are also being acknowledged for their efforts to exhibit behavior that exemplifies “owning your choices.”. We have classes earning some sweet treats for earning flower petals and other classes earning a spin of the “wheel o’ prizes” for reviewing school wide expectations.
Registration for next school year is now open. Many of you have returned your goldenrod Pre-Registration Form. If your child currently attends Dudley and will be returning next year and you have returned your form indicating so, you are all set. If you have or know of a child who will be new to Dudley or even a new Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten student next year, an enrollment packet will need to be completed. The registration packets are available in the school office. It is especially important for incoming Kindergarteners and Transitional Kindergarteners to get registered as soon as possible.
Our state Mandated CAASPP testing will begin the week of April 23rd. This is the annual assessment that our 3rd-6th grade students take. This is a computer based assessment and is completed completely on-line. Here are a few suggestions for parents to help your child be as successful as possible on these assessments:
- Check with your child’s teacher about the specific testing schedule and try to avoid appointments, absences, and tardies on the testing days.
- Help your child get a good night’s sleep during the testing days.
- Help make sure your child eats a well balanced breakfast including proteins, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. They put the highest grade gasoline into high performance vehicles. Your child should have the highest quality fuel for maximum performance as well.
Finally, here are a few important dates for your calendar.
- Friday, April 13th ~~ PTA Father/Daughter & Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00 PM
- Friday, April 27 ~~ Dragon Day Our theme is “Red, White, and Blue”
- Thursday, May 10th~~ Open House 6:00-7:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 16th~~ PTA Association Meeting and Elections for next year’s officers. All PTA members are invited and encouraged to attend.
- Thursday, May 24th ~~ The last day of school for the year for students!
Have a great weekend-
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices