Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
This is an amazing time of year to be at school. On Tuesday, we celebrated our 6th graders heading off to middle school with a family BBQ. Today was STEAM day on our campus. Our 6th graders had a plethora of activities and demonstrations. I am positive your child can give you many great details. Finally, to night we said “Thank You” to our Safe School Ambassadors with one more BBQ. I would not be surprised if this message smelled a little like grill smoke.
I want to thank all of you who came out to Open House last Thursday night. The evening was a huge success.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention three of our incredible teachers who are retiring after long, dedicated careers serving the students who have attended Dudley Elementary School. Mrs. Sandy Oliver, Mrs. Claudia Searls, and Miss Lisa Tarner are all retiring at the end of this year. If your children have been attending Dudley, there is a great chance that they had at least one of these amazing ladies. They have all earned the opportunity to sail off into the sunset and their absence will be felt in all of our hearts. Please join us in wishing all three ladies a pleasant retirement.
Here is one last set of important reminders as we wind down the last 4 days before summer vacation:
- Tomorrow, Friday May 18th is Dragon Day.
- The theme is ALOHA!
- Our Dragon Day Assembly will be at 9:15 AM on the playground.
- Monday, May 21st is a Regular School Day We will not be on Collaboration Schedule.
- There is a very limited number of amazing Dudley Yearbooks available for $20 each. This are available on a first come, first served basis. Families or students can bring their payment directly to the office. The yearbooks are beautiful and going fast.
- The last day of school is Thursday, May 24th.
- This is an early out day.
- ALL Kindergarteners will attend school from 8:10 - 10:20 AM
- First through Sixth graders will attend school from 8:50 AM - 12:10 PM
- Please make day care and transportation plans to accommodate this schedule.
- Final report cards for the 2017-2018 school year will come home on this day.
- The Nutrition Department of the Center Joint Unified School District is once again providing an opportunity for children ages 1-18 to receive free lunch this summer from May 29 through July 14, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- CDC is now enrolling for summer camp and fall. Summer camp at CDC is offers a daily camp program, field trips, and meals and snacks. Financial assistance is available. Stop by CDC or call 331-1356 for more info.
- One last thing as the school year winds down...please be extra careful driving near the school or in our parking lot. We want to keep all of our Dragons safe and if the vehicle drivers can practice some extra caution, the school year will end safely.
This is my last message for this school year. I want to say thank you to all of the children for being such a wonderful group of students to work with. I also want to thank all of the families that support these children and all o f the activities and events that we do at school. Finally, I want to thank the incredible staff, certificated and classified, that do such a fantastic job of making Dudley Elementary School and amazing place to work and learn. I consider myself extremely fortunate and truly humbled to work with all of you and I can’t wait to do it all again next year.
Have a great weekend.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices