Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
We just finished an amazing First Day of School and our students are ready to SOAR.
Here are a few important reminders:
- Thank You to everyone who made it to last night’s Meet the Teacher Ice Cream Social. It was a wonderful evening and a great way to kick off the school year. A special thank you to all of the teachers and staff who scooped ice cream after a long hot day preparing their classrooms for the first day of school.
- Monday, August 13th is a Collaboration Monday. PM Kinders and grades 1-6 will dismiss at 2:20 PM.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:50 AM to 2:20 PM
- You can follow Dudley Elementary on Twitter. You can follow @DragonsSOAR for updates. I have challenges myself to post a tweet once each day. It will help if I know I have followers. :-)
- If you pick your child up after school, please remember these guidelines:
- Parents are to wait near the grassy area bordering the office for the 3:10 dismissal bell to ring. For student safety and efficient student movement, please stay out of the main hallway. This area gets quite congested and confusing.during dismissal.
- The parking lot can get very crowded at dismissal time and as many of you have learned, the line moves very slowly...Safety First!
- Most likely, you can save time by parking on the neighborhood streets or in the lot of the Something Extra Pre-School next door. You can probably walk from your car, pick up your child, and return to your car before the line in the parking lot clears out.
- If the line in the parking lot is too long, it is not permissable or safe to block the street traffic on Aztec Way. Please find alternate parking as suggested above.
- When leaving our campus, please use our sidewalks or the walkway that is clearly painted on the south-side of the parking lot. Walking through the parking lot creates an unsafe situation for our students.
- Thank you for helping our dismissal situation to SOAR and keeping our little dragons safe.
That’s all there is for today.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices