Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
The first two days of school have been fantastic. A great indicator for the rest of the year.
Here are a few important reminders:
- Tomorrow is Friday. At Dudley, Fridays are usually Spirit Days. This means we wear our favorite Dragon-wear, OR the always fashionable Red and White. We have a little contest and have traveling trophies and some treats for the classes with the most students dressed for Friday Spirit.
- Monday, August 13th is a Collaboration Monday.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:50 AM to 2:20 PM
- Typically, on Thursdays, your child will bring home a Thursday Folder with work from the past week and announcements and flyers. The folders are the folders that came home yesterday with all of the paperwork for you to fill out. Please send that folder back to school so it can be re-used every week.
- Please help us out and complete that paperwork that was sent home and get it returned to school as soon as possible. Emergency Cards are a very high priority.
- When listing emergency contacts, please complete as much contact information as possible and make sure that it is someone who could pick up your child in an emergency, in the event that we cannot get ahold of you. Also, any person other than you who comes to pick up your child, must be listed on the emergency card or we will not release your child to that person.
- The temperatures have been warm and the air quality is challenging. Please know that student safety is our main concern. Throughout the day I monitor both the outside temperature and the AQI. If temperatures were to rise over 95 and/or the AQI above 101, we would cancel outside recesses and keep the children in the classrooms. My source for information on these areas is Weather.com and SparetheAir.com I also found a Sacramento Area Spare the Air app in the Apple App Store. I am not sure about Android or Google Play. Rest assured that we are working diligently to find that balance between breaks for large muscle movement and student safety.
- You can follow Dudley Elementary on Twitter. You can follow @DragonsSOAR for updates. I have challenges myself to post a tweet once each day. It will help if I know I have followers. :-)
That’s all there is for today.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices