Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
The World Series has started, Red Ribbon Week is next week, and the days are growing shorter. It is a wonderful time of the year!
Since it is Thursday,here are a few important reminders:
- Tomorrow, Friday, October 26th is Dragon Day. Our theme is “Opposite Day.” We will have an assembly on the playground at 9:15 AM.
- The majority of Coupon Book orders have been delivered. I am working through a few minor order adjustments. Let me share the totals with you.
- 340 Coupon Books sold
- 158 Free Coupon Books earned
- 63 Raffle entries
- 35 Game Truck Parties earned
- 4 King’s Game tickets earned
- $8,500.00 collected!
- Monday, October 29th is a Collaboration Monday.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:55 AM to 2:20 PM
- Tomorrow, October 26th, our PTA is hosting a “Harvest Festival”. There will be games, food, dancing, prizes and all other types of fun. I hope to see you there.
- Please bring cash to pay for any food you might be purchasing
- PTA is looking for donations of baked goods for the Cake Walk they will be hosting. Drop any donated baked goods in the office.
- Next week is Red Ribbon Week which is a great reminder for our students that a life free of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco, is the most healthy lifestyle. Each Day, we will dress in a different theme:
- Monday, October 29th: “Voting for my Future to Stay Drug Free”--Wear red, white, and blue.
- Tuesday, October 30th: “Peace Out to Drugs”--Wear tie dye and peace signs.
- Wednesday, October 31st: “I Am a Jean--ius. I’m Drug Free”--Wear jeans.
- Thursday, November 1st: “I Have the Power to be Drug Free”--Dress as your favorite superhero.
- Friday, November 2nd: “Life is Your Journey, Travel Drug Free”--Wear red.
- Wednesday, October 31st is Halloween. There will not be any school-wide “Halloween” activities on this day. Since it is Red Ribbon Week, we are already dressing according to the daily theme. Halloween costumes are not to be worn to school.
- One last note. The Center Joint Unified School District is continually looking for persons to fill in as substitutes in several classified positions such as custodians, food service, and instructional aides. One advantage of these positions, especially the food service and instructional aide positions is you work the same school calendar as your children. Often times, permanent positions are filled by people who started as substitues. If any of these opportunities interest you, please stop at the CJUSD Personnel Office and complete an application.
That’s all I have for this week.
I hope you have a great weekend.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices