Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
The month has changed to November. The time has changed away from Daylight Savings Time. We have survived another election cycle. What more can you ask for?
Since it is Thursday,here are a few important reminders:
- Report Cards will come home with the children tomorrow. Along with the report cards, we also hand out trimester award certificates. Let me share some impressive stats with you:
- 4th, 5th, and 6th graders earned 26 Honor Roll Certificates and 13 Principal’s List Certificates.
- Students at all grade levels can earn “Excellence” certificates. We handed out:
- 72 certificates for Writing
- 110 certificates for Reading
- 218 certificates for Mathematics
- 222 certificates for Citizenship
- We also had 124 students who earned “Perfect Attendance Certificates for being at school every day since August 8th.
- Tomorrow, Friday, November 9th is a Spirit Day. Wear your favorite Dragon wear or the always fashionable red and white to show your Dudley Spirit!
- Here are some important dates for you to keep in mind:
- Friday, November 9th- Trimester 1 Report Cards come home with the students.
- Monday, November 12th- School is Closed to commemorate Veterans’ Day Yes, this is a three day weekend
- Monday, November 19th- Friday, November 23rd- School is CLOSED for Thanksgiving Break
- With the time change, here are a few quick safety considerations for our Dragons.
- The sun is rising later and soon, it will be relatively dark before school starts. Students who are at school prior to 8:30 AM, may be in minimal light and without adult supervision. Help us keep students safe by keeping them at home until we have campus supervision at 8:30 AM.
- With the sun setting earlier and rising later, visibility for drivers can be impacted. Please drive slowly and carefully on the streets in the vicinity of our campus leading up to school starting and after school has dismissed.
That’s all I have for this week.
I hope you have a great three day weekend.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices