Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families!
These smoky conditions have been challenging, but they pale in comparison to the devastation our neighbors in Butte county are dealing with. I’m confident that you join me in keeping all of them in your thoughts and prayers.
It is Thursday, so, here are a few important reminders:
- Due to the unhealthy smoky conditions, all schools in the CJUSD, including Dudley Elementary, will be closed tomorrow.
- Monday, November 19th- Friday, November 23rd- School is CLOSED for Thanksgiving Break. Classes will resume on Monday, November 26th.
- Here are a few important notes from our dedicated and hard working PTA:
- Spirit wear had arrived and will be processed and delivered to the children the beginning of the week after the holiday.
- Due to the closure tomorrow we will be picking up any late order forms Monday after the break but no later. This will also push out delivery of goods to December 19th or 21st I will have more info about the exact date soon.
- If you are looking for a way to support our neighbors in Butte county, the Butte County Superintendent of Schools, Tim Taylor, has reached out to neighboring districts. They are not in need of supplies at this point, but their biggest need is money which they can then funnel as needed to support the students and staff who are displaced and eventually, when their schools do resume classes, help get the classrooms set up. They have started a Go Fund Me page. The only reason I mention this is that I am confident that this money will be used to support schools, students, and their families. If you are interested in donating, please follow this link: https://www.nvcf.org/fund/butte-county-schools-fire-relief-fund/
- Finally, with Thanksgiving just one week away, I want to take this opportunity to share my appreciation with the whole community of Dudley Elementary School. This community is made up of staff, teachers, students, families and neighbors. Although we come from many backgrounds and life experiences, it is very apparent that the well being of the children of Dudley is our main concern. I say it often, Dudley Elementary School is the best place to work and learn. I am humbled to be part of this community.
That’s all I have for this week.
I hope you have a restful week away and get to spend time with those who are most important to you.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices