Good Afternoon Dudley Dragon Families-
Happy Thursday to all of you. December days may be shorter, but they are jam-packed with learning and other activities appropriate with this time of year.
Here are this week’s announcements.
Friday, December 14th is Spirit Day! Wear your favorite Dragon-wear or the always fashionable red and white to show your Dudley Spirit
Monday, December 17th is a Collaboration Monday.
- AM Kinders attend school from 8:10 AM to 11:15 AM
- PM Kinders attend school from 11:15 AM to 2:20 PM
- Grades 1-6 attend school from 8:50 AM to 2:20 PM
It is “Spirit of Giving” Season. Every year during these weeks between Thanksgiving and Winter Recess, our Dudley School Community looks for ways to give back to the larger community that we live in.
- Last week, we collected 228 canned and boxed goods that were donated to the Community Food Closet at Wilson C Riles.
- This week, we are collecting gift cards to pass along to victims of the devastating Camp Fire in Butte county.
- Please write the value on the gift card when you donate it.
The PTA has two important reminders-
- Otis Spunkmeyer orders will be available for pick-up on Wednesday, December 19th, from 3:30-6:30 PM.
- You are encouraged to pick up your orders on the 19th because they cannot be stored over night.
- The Holiday Shop is next week. The PTA is looking for volunteers to staff the shop so children can shop. THey are looking for volunteers, Monday, 12/17 to Thursday, 12/20 from 9:00-2:30. If you have some time available to help out, please contact our PTA at Dudleypta@centerusd.org.
We currently have two full time and one part time Instructional Specialist positions available at Dudley. You may contact the CJUSD Personnel Office if you are interested in applying.
I have come across a very informative and interesting set of blog posts on the topic of keeping children safe with technology. The website is Be Above The Fray. Here is a post that you might find timely: https://www.beabovethefray.org/2018/12/2-things-you-must-do-before-you-give-the-gift-of-technology-this-christmas/. To access their weekly blogs, follow this link: https://www.beabovethefray.org/blog/. Each week is a short 3-5 minute video blog that has great information. I hope you find it useful.
Here are some very important dates for you to remember, especially with day care and transportation needs.
- Friday, December 21st-- Minimum Day all students dismissed at 12:10 PM
- AM and PM Kinders- 8:10 AM-10:20 AM
- 1st-6th- 8:50 AM-12:10 PM
- Monday, December 24th to Friday, January 4th-- Winter Recess School Closed
- School will resume on Monday, January 8th, 2019.
- Monday, January 21, 2019-- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday School Closed
- Monday, January 28 to Friday, February 1, 2019-- Parent Teacher Conference Week Grades 1-6 dismiss at 12:10 each day
Well, that does it for this week. Have a great weekend!
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices