Good Afternoon Dudley Families-
We are knee deep in Hustle and Bustle around here. What an exciting time. Vacation is looming, smiles are beaming, eyes are twinkling all due to the warm spot this time of year puts into our hearts. In fact, this is my last Thursday Update of the year (2018 that is.)
- Tomorrow is Dragon Day. Our theme is Pajama Day.
- Due to the chilly morning weather, we will have two Dragon Day assemblies and they will both be in the cafeteria.
- This Dragon Day is on an Early Out Day as well so our assemblies will be very abbreviated.
- Tomorrow is also a Minimum Day Schedule.
- AM & PM Kindergarten will be dismissed at 10:20 AM.
- All other students will be dismissed at 12:10 PM.
- Our office will close at 1:00 PM.
- During the last two weeks, our Dudley community has been very generous and supportive of our local community. Through the generous efforts of local organizations, local businesses, and the Leadership Class at Center High School, some of that goodwill has been repaid to some of our deserving students.
- The Antelope-North Highlands Lions have donated two $100 gift cards to two deserving families. They also donated Thanksgiving dinners to a deserving families a few weeks ago.
- The “Taste of Tuscany” Restaurant held a toy drive which benefitted several of our students.
- The Leadership Class from Center High School held their annual Operation Santa. They visited our campus and had a celebration with more than 40 of our students. There were treats, crafts, gifts and a visit by Santa.
- As a staff, we are very appreciative of all the support that we get from our community.
- Dudley Elementary will be closed from Monday, December 24, 2018 through Friday, January 4, 2019. School will resume on Monday, January 7, 2019 with our typical daily schedule.
- Here are some very important dates for you to remember, especially with day care and transportation needs.
- Friday, December 21st-- Minimum Day all students dismissed at 12:10 PM
- AM & PM Kinders- 8:10 AM-10:20 AM
- 1st-6th- 8:50 AM-12:10 PM
- Monday, December 24th to Friday, January 4th-- Winter Recess School Closed
- School will resume on Monday, January 7th, 2019.
- Monday, January 21st-- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday School Closed
- Monday, January 28th to Friday, February 1st-- Parent Teacher Conference Week Grades 1-6 dismiss at 12:10 each day
As we enter this holiday season and the dawn of a new year, my wish is for peace and love to flourish in your family and for your presence to be more appreciated than your presents.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Enjoy the two weeks off.
Your Very Proud Principal
Own Your Choices